Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Educated Skin Care

I love taking care of my boys - thair clothes, shoes, food - everything has to be right, but most of all is the skin care products that I choose carefully.  I read the ingredients, I look up words I do not understand, and compare with organic products.  It is one of the most important things you can do for yourself and your family, and as important as food they eat. Skin is our largest organ, it has pores, toxins come out, good stuff should come in - to nourish, to moisturize, to protect, to revive.  Most of known cosmetic companies do not abide by what is good for the customer, they want to make as much profit as possible, even if it means using tallow.  If you have never done your research on skin care ingredients , I encourage you strongly, you will not believe what you can find in your face cream.  I have spent months researching different companies and their products and there is definitely a great market for health oriented people, just read the ingredients and educate yourself.  My personal favorite is Arbonne, their products are not organic, but made with great consideration and backed by years of research and trust. I love Lindsay's post ( her blog Passionate Homemaking is one of my most faorite!) about essential oils used as perfumes.  Knowing your moisturizer or foundation actually help your skin  is worth taking the time to do your homework. Read the ingredients and check everything.  And mineral oil is not good for you - it clogs up the pores of yours or your baby skin and the good stuff in the cream like vitamins cannot even get into deeper layers of skin.  Mineral means it is a byproduct of cleaning diesel fuel and it costs $1 per galon, whereas one galon of essential oil costs $300!!!  Know your skin and its needs and feed it from outside.  You will feel better and look better!

No comments:

Post a Comment